Banana Pudding Recipe is a stress-free banana recipe that you can boast during special occasions.
Bananas are considered as super foods since they are amazingly packed with potassium and other essential vitamins and minerals. They also contain low calories and can easily boost up your energy. People always love Banana Bread Recipe. But, Banana pudding recipe is also a wonderful way on how to utilize the health benefits of bananas. You can add cinnamon or raisins in these recipes.
Baked Banana Pudding Recipe
Prepare Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour
This banana pudding recipe is baked. It can be stored on the chiller and can last up to a week or more. You can serve this as a breakfast, snack or as a dessert.
4-5 pieces medium size ripe banana (mashed)
1 cup of brown sugar
1/2 cup of butter or margarine
2 pcs of eggs (beaten)
5 tablespoons of evaporated/fresh milk (with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice)
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1/4 teaspoon of salt
2 cups of all-purpose flour (sifted)
1/3 cup of cashew or walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease and line a loaf pan. Set aside.
2. Beat and cream the sugar and butter until pale and fluffy. Add the beaten eggs and milk. Mix well.
3. In another bowl, sift all the dry ingredients and stir well. Fold the dry ingredients into the egg mixture and carefully mix in the nuts. Fold in the mashed banana into the batter.
4. Pour into prepared pans and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Cool before slicing.
Best Banana Pudding Recipe
Prepare Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 50 Minutes
Now the next banana pudding recipe uses an instant vanilla pudding mix for convenience purposes.
6 ripe bananas, sliced thinly
1 cup of cold water
3/4 cup of instant vanilla pudding mix (available at the baking section of groceries)
1 can (250 ml) condensed milk
1 box of lady fingers (about 40 pieces)
4 cups of all-purpose cream
1. Use a handheld or stand mixer, combine the water, condensed milk & instant pudding powder. Beat until creamy. Cover with cling wrap and chill for 8 hours or much better if overnight.
2. When the pudding mixture has set, beat the all-purpose cream until stiff but not dry. Mix in 1/4 of the whipped cream into the pudding mixture. Gently fold the remaining whipped cream.
3. In a square or round glass or pyrex dish, assemble the dessert in this manner; first, arrange the lady fingers, followed by the sliced banana, then the pudding mixture. Repeat this process until you achieve the desired number of layers.
4. To make it look more appetizing, assemble it in a way that the lady fingers and the bananas are pressed against the side of the dish so that the layers are seen. Crumble lady fingers on top. You can also garnish this dessert with chocolate curls on top.
You can try substituting graham crackers if you cannot find lady fingers. The final product will taste the same but the lady fingers are a little sweeter.
Take note that the longer the pudding sits, the lady fingers will become soft. The lady fingers will still have a little crunch after a couple of minutes. The following day, the lady fingers will then resemble small crumbs of cake. A different texture but still delightful.
Quick Banana Pudding Recipe
Prepare Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour
Here is one quick banana pudding recipe. All made from scratch. No instant pudding recipe mix. A perfect recipe for budding cooks who wants to make everything from scratch.
4 large ripe bananas (mashed)
3 egg yolks
6 tablespoons of brown sugar1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of banana essence
2 teaspoons of cornstarch dissolved in 1/4 cup cold water
2 cups cubed of pound cake
1 cup of whipping cream (whipped until thick)
Some banana slices for decorations
1. Prepare the custard mixture by combining the egg yolks, mashed banana, sugar and vanilla extract in a saucepan. Beat well and gradually add in the cornstarch and simmer on low heat until mixture thickens.
2. Arrange the cubed pound cake in a water goblet or margarita glass, put some custard mixture on top and some banana slices. Finish with piped whipped cream on top.
3. Chill for 4 hours before serving. You can also garnish with a sprig of mint leaves or some toasted walnuts on top.
You can also try and experiment on other variations in this banana pudding recipe. You can sprinkle with toasted pine or cashew nuts, crumbled toffee pieces, caramel or chocolate ganache. Banana pudding will have many versions depending on the country or state from which it came from. Always bear in mind that the main ingredient is banana and it should not be overpowered by other ingredients. They should complement the bananas in the banana pudding recipe.