Cake balls are those adorable round-shaped sweet treats placed on tiny paper muffin cups.
You might see these sweets in parties or along with cookies and some pastries at the bakeshop. These ball-shaped cakes come in a variety of colors such as pink, blue, white, brown and red. Moreover, cake balls have all sorts of toppings. You can find these tiny cakes topped with candy sprinkles, nuts, crushed cereal and so many other garnishing.
If you are planning to make cake balls for dessert or as sweets for a party, check out this easy recipe for cake balls. You will not have a difficult time making the recipe that you will find ideal to prepare on a daily basis.
Fabulous and Simple Cake Balls Recipe
Prepare Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Delight on the yummy goodness of these cake balls that come with spectacular taste and attractive look. Here are simple steps on how to make these ball-shaped tiny cakes.
• Cake mix, 18.25 oz.
• Cake frosting (prepared), 16 oz.
• Coating bar (chocolate flavor), 6 oz.
• Candy sprinkles
• Paper muffin cups
• Cake pan (9 x 13)
• Large bowl for mixing
• Metal spoon
• Wax paper
• Baking sheets, 2 pieces
• Plastic cling wrap
• Deep, microwaveable bowl
• Hand or electric mixer
1. Follow package instructions in preparing the cake mix.
2. Let the cake cool completely for half an hour.
3. Crumble the cooled cake into a bowl. You may use a hand mixer to crush the cake thoroughly.
4. Add in the frosting and blend well.
5. Refrigerate the mixture for 3 hours or more.
6. Afterward, put wax paper on the baking tray.
7. Use a scooper or a melon baller to come up with tiny balls with the prepared cake mixture.
8. Place each cake balls on the baking tray. Freeze for about an hour.
9. Meanwhile, melt the chocolate bar inside the microwave.
10. Take the balls out of the freezer and dip them in the melted chocolate. You may use a toothpick to make it easy to dip them.
11. Garnish the balls with candy sprinkles or chopped nuts.
12. Refrigerate the cake balls and serve cold.
Cake balls are a delight because of the fabulous appearance and taste of these sweet treats. You will have an easy time making these because of the simple instructions that you need to follow. Moreover, you will have so much fun decorating the balls; you can sprinkle it with candies, nuts or even coconut flakes. Whichever topping you prefer, you will love the taste of these ball-shaped cakes.
These cake balls make great giveaways during Easter, baby showers or even kiddie parties. Your guests will certainly love the excellent yummy goodness of these delicious treats. Hence, you should try making the recipe presented here. The ingredients are quite simple and the procedure is rather uncomplicated.
You can make wonderful and delectable cake balls in only a matter of minutes.
Other Cake Recipes