Cake recipes from scratch may sound quite challenging to make; however, you can use simple ingredients to cook up a fabulous cake for dessert or teatime.
You can always use your creativity to come up with the most appealing and attractive cake. Add decorative items to the cake such as some colorful candy, chocolate chips, fresh fruits slices and many more. You might also want to try serving the cake in unique plates or bowls that will add to the fabulous look of the cake.
Check out these cake recipes from scratch that you can make in a matter of minutes. Some of these recipes do not require baking; you only need to freeze or refrigerate the cake to prepare it.
Dirt Cake Recipes from Scratch
Prepare Time: 15 Minutes
With this dirt cake recipe, you can create a lovely garden-looking masterpiece using chocolate cookies and so much more.
• Gummy worms, 3 large pieces
• Cream-filled chocolate cookies, 1 bag (16 ounces)
• Softened cream cheese, 8 ounces
• Softened butter, 1/2 cup
• Confectioner’s or granulated sugar, 1 cup
• Vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon
Chocolate pudding, 8 ounces
• Whole milk, 3 cups
• Thawed whipped cream, 12 ounces
1. Crush the chocolate cookies until they become very small in size. Set aside.
2. In a medium sized bowl, cream the butter, sugar, vanilla and cream cheese until light, fluffy and smooth in texture.
3. Next, blend the milk and the pudding mix. Add in the whipped cream and the cream cheese mixture.
4. To make the cake, arrange 1/3 of the crumbs and the half portion of the pudding mixture. Repeat the pattern until you have used all the pudding mixture and the cookie crumbs.
5. Place the mixture inside the refrigerator for about 12 hours.
6. Before serving, garnish the top of the cake with gummy worms and flower-shaped candy.
Peach Angel Cake Recipes from Scratch
Prepare Time: 30 Minutes
The enticing aroma and taste of peaches create a delightful concoction in this cake recipe made from scratch.
• Salt, 1/2 teaspoon
• Water, 1/2 cup
• White sugar, 2/3 cup
• Crushed peaches, 2 cups
• Gelatin, 2 tablespoons
• Egg yolks (lightly beaten), 6 pieces
• Lemon juice, 1/2 cup
• Egg whites, 6 pieces
• Whipped cream
• Angel food cake
1. In a bowl, mix the sugar, lemon juice, salt and egg yolks.
2. Place the ingredients in a double broiler. Cook the contents in hot water until the mixture becomes thick in texture.
3. Put the gelatin in cold water to soften the texture. Add in the crushed peaches into the gelatin mixture.
4. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the egg whites until they have become stiff.
5. Add 3/4 cup of sugar to the egg mixture while beating continuously.
6. Pour in the custard from the double broiler to mix with the peach mixture. Blend well with the egg whites.
7. Tear the Angel food cake into small pieces. Put 1/3 of the torn pieces into a prepared angel cake baking pan.
8. Arrange the layers of the cake pieces with the peach mixture.
9. Refrigerate the mixture to keep it cool.
10. Before serving the cake, top with whipped cream and garnish with sliced peaches.
Raspberry No-Bake Cake Recipes from Scratch
Prepare Time: 20 Minutes
Enjoy the taste of raspberries in this truly delightful cake recipe that will make you want to go for seconds.
• 8 oz. of cream cheese
• 3 cups of thawed frozen raspberries
• A box of pudding mix (Cheesecake)
• 12 oz. of whipped cream
• 1/2 cup of melted unsalted butter
• 3 cups of cracker crumbs (Graham)
1. Prepare the crust by melting the butter inside the microwave. Then, combine with the cracker crumbs. Mix well using a fork and press the crackers at the bottom of the pan.
2. Place the crust inside the oven and bake for about 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and cool for several minutes.
3. Next, prepare the filling for the raspberry cake. Use a food processor to mix the pudding mix, cream cheese and raspberries. Mix the ingredients well until the texture becomes creamy and smooth.
4. Then, add the whipped cream and continue to process until the mixture results to have just one color.
5. Transfer the mixture into the crust.
6. Place the cheesecake into the freezer for about 2 hours.
7. Before serving the cake, thaw for an hour and serve with whipped cream on top and some fresh raspberries.
Cake recipes from scratch are easy to make as long as you have all the ingredients and tools to use. You can definitely come up with the best tasting cake by following the simple procedure in these featured recipes. Put in your creativity in designing and preparing the cake. After all, visual appeal makes any food item even more enticing to eat. Try these cake recipes from scratch and enjoy the fabulous taste of each recipe.
Other Cake Recipes