Chicken and dumplings is an American-Asian dish that is ideal as a main course for lunch or for dinner.
Those who are interested in something heavy to eat during snack time will also love this fabulous recipe. Not only will you find the dish appealing to the taste buds; chicken and dumplings contains essential vitamins and minerals that will help you sustain your active lifestyle. It consists of biscuit dough, which is a source of carbohydrates. Moreover, this recipe also includes some vegetables such as carrots and peas that are highly nutritious. So, this is actually one of the most healthy chicken recipes.
Lastly, chicken is the main ingredient of this recipe; hence, you can benefit from its protein-rich component that helps build and repair worn out muscles and tissues of the body.
Anyone will enjoy the exquisite taste of this wonderful recipe. This is perfect for those who are in a rush to have a quick supper or a satisfying hearty snack. Try this chicken and dumplings recipe, and make every mealtime a pleasant gastronomic experience.
Chicken and Dumplings Recipe
Prepare Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
This is a satisfying and easy chicken recipe. You may prepare dumplings and chicken for a healthy snack or nice viand for lunchtime.
• 6 pieces chicken thigh fillet special for chicken thigh recipes
• 2 cans of 10.75 – ounce cream of celery soup
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 5 cups of water
• 1 package of refrigerated biscuit dough
• Freeze dried green peas and carrots
1. Place the chicken fillet in a large pot. Pour in some water and use high heat settings to bring it to a boil.
2. Allow 15 to 20 minutes for the chicken to become tender.
3. When the chicken is done, drain some of the water. Leave only about 3 cups of water in the pot.
4. Remove the chicken and pull it apart. cut the chicken into bit-size pieces.
5. Reduce the heat from high to medium. Pour in the cream of celery soup.
6. Season the mixture with the right amount of salt and pepper.
7. Pull the biscuit dough into tiny pieces and place them in the pot.
8. Add in the freeze dried green peas and carrots
9. Simmer the mixture in medium heat, for about 7 to 8 minutes.
10. This chicken and dumplings recipe makes 4 to 5 servings.
Chicken and dumplings will surely give you and your family that satisfied feeling from having a hearty meal. This recipe makes up the perfect combination of selected vegetables and meat; the nutritious goodness of carrots and peas offer several health benefits. Carrots contain antioxidants that help fight off free radicals; moreover, they are rich in vitamin A, which is essential for good eyesight. So, this is one of the healthiest chicken recipes.
On the other hand, peas are good sources of protein and B vitamins, for the overall health of muscles and nerves. The chicken, which make up a huge part of this dish, is rich in protein and low in fat; thus making it a great dish for those who are trying to stay healthy without adding unnecessary pounds. Make chicken and dumplings a part of your weekly menu; you will love the fabulous taste and aroma of this great recipe.
Other Chicken Recipes