Chicken cacciatore Recipes are Italian dishes, which are a combination of several herbs such as oregano, bay leaf and some seasonings.
This super chicken recipe is great as a topping to cooked rice or pasta. You will love the rich sauce made with fresh tomatoes; moreover, it comes with a great aroma because of the combination of several spices and herbs. You will find it easy to make this dish, which only takes you less than an hour to finish. The ease in making the dish and the fabulous taste are reasons enough for you to consider having chicken cacciatore for lunch or dinner.
You can find so many recipes for cacciatore; however, this featured recipe is very easy to follow that is ideal for amateur cooks. Check it out, and have chicken cacciatore as part of your weekly menu.
Chicken Cacciatore Recipes
Prepare Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 55 Minutes
This delightful recipe is perfect for your cooked pasta or rice; simply cook the dish as instructed, and you can enjoy an exquisite dish that you will go crazy about. It is one of the best chicken pasta recipes.
• 1 cup of green bell pepper, chopped
• 3 tablespoons of olive oil
• 2 teaspoons of salt
• 2 teaspoons of oregano leaf, dried and crushed
• 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
• 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper, ground
• 2 cans of stewed tomatoes (14.5-oz cans)
• 1 piece of bay leaf
• 3/4 cup of dry red wine
• 3 pounds of whole chicken, cut into serving pieces
1. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
2. Fry the chicken until golden brown. Cook for about 10 minutes or until the chicken is tender; check every side of the meat to ensure that it is perfectly cooked.
3. Remove the chicken from the pan, and drain excess oil using a paper towel.
4. Then, sauté the onion, green bell pepper and garlic. Cook until the onion is clear and the garlic becomes aromatic.
5. Put in the tomatoes, salt, pepper, oregano and the bay leaf. Cook for about a minute.
6. Place the chicken and mix with the other ingredients in the skillet. Bring the contents to a boil.
7. Reduce heat and continue cooking for another 45 minutes.
8. Remove the bay leaf, and use the mixture as a topping to cooked pasta or rice.
9. This chicken cacciatore makes 6 servings.
Chicken cacciatore is a truly delightful dish that goes well with rice or pasta. If you wish, you can also eat it on its own by making the sauce not as thick. This easy chicken recipe does not only feature an appealing taste and aroma; cacciatore offers so much health benefits, thus making it ideal to be part of your weekly menu. This dish contains tomatoes, which are rich in vitamin C and antioxidants; these are ideal in strengthening the immune systems and in fighting off free radicals. With the ease in making chicken cacciatore, you should definitely try making the yummy and highly nutritious dish.
Other Chicken Recipes