Chicken recipes for dinner provide a satisfying meal to end the day.
These dishes, which are perfect as appetizers or main course, come with a superb taste and good nutrition. Anyone will delight on the savory aroma that will definitely make you go for seconds or thirds. The spicy, salty or sweet taste of the dishes definitely appeals to anyone with a passion for good food. You will not only love how each chicken recipe offer a superb flavor; you will also find the dishes nutritious because of the fruits and vegetables that make up the ingredients of each dish. With the right combination of seasonings and other ingredients in every recipe, you will consider these dishes as fabulous and prefect for your family and friends.
The chicken recipes in this article are very easy to prepare; as long as you have all the ingredients and the necessary tools to make the dish, you can cook it in a matter of minutes. These recipes for chicken certainly let you create gourmet meals that come with an appealing taste and aroma.
Chinese Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
Prepare Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Soup is an ideal starter or appetizer prior serving the main course. The delightful aroma, fabulous taste and warmth that soup brings set the mood for a pleasurable dining experience. You can serve several kinds of soup for appetizer; but one of the most common soups is chicken noodle soup recipe. The great thing about chicken soup is that it is rich in protein yet low in fats. Moreover, you can include a variety of vegetables and seasonings to make the soup very tasty and aromatic. The healthy choice of ingredients adds to the wonders that this soup can do to you. For instance, you can add carrots, potatoes, slices of cabbage and green onion to the soup. These vegetables contain antioxidants, vitamins and minerals that ward off diseases caused by virus or bacteria. Hence, you will not only enjoy the fabulous taste of the soup, but also the health benefits.
• 50 g. of noodles
• 4 cups of chicken stock
• 150 g. of chicken, shredded
• 1/2 cup of mushroom, chopped into small pieces
• 1 medium sized carrot, cut into small strips
• 1/2 cup of sweet corn
• 1 tablespoon of vinegar
• 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
• 2 tablespoons of corn flour
• 1 teaspoon of corn oil
• 1 spring onion, chopped into half-inch strips
• salt and pepper to taste
1. In a stockpot, boil the chicken until tender. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in a skillet and sauté the carrots, mushrooms and sweet corn.
3. Boil noodles in salt and water. Then, heat the chicken stock and bring it to a boil.
4. Once the stock comes to a boil, add the sautéed vegetables and the cooked noodles. Cook for 5 minutes before adding the spring onions, soy sauce, vinegar, salt and pepper.
5. Mean while, mix the corn flour with 4 tablespoons of lukewarm water. This mixture will produce a thick, rich paste. Add this to the soup while stirring continuously.
6. You may opt to add enough water to keep the soup thick in texture.
7. Boil for a couple of minutes before turning off heat.
8. Serve in soup bowls, and add croutons.
Whichever type of soup you wish to make, you can make it creamy by thickening the broth. The rich taste of these soups is a pleasant start before you highlight the rest of the chicken recipes for dinner.
Sweet and Sour Healthy Chicken Recipe
Prepare Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Every mealtime should consist of dishes that are not only delicious but highly nutritious, as well. The Healthy Chicken Recipes have high protein content. However, with a selection of nutrient-packed ingredients, you can make the dish a great aid to good nutrition.
If you are after a main course dish that comes with a rich sauce with an interesting taste, you might want to try making sweet and sour chicken. This recipe is a great combination of meat and vegetables for a pleasant gastronomic pleasure. This dish includes bell peppers, pineapple chunks and ginger. These ingredients are rich in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals that support healthy body systems. Moreover, it is easy to prepare and cook this dish; in only 40 to 45 minutes, you can already enjoy sinking your teeth in the fabulous goodness of the dish.
• 1 large size egg, separate the white portion
• 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
• 1 cup of canned pineapple chunks, drained
• 1/4 cup of canned pineapple juice
• 2 teaspoons of cornstarch
• 1/4 cup of ketchup or tomato sauce
• 1/4 cup of white vinegar
• 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
• 1 bell pepper (red and yellow), cut into 2-inch pieces
• 1 pound of chicken breast fillet, cut into cubes
1. Mix the cornstarch, egg white and salt in a bowl. Blend well to remove lumps.
2. Wash the chicken with water. Then, coat each piece of chicken with the cornstarch mixture. Set aside for 15 minutes.
3. Mean while, combine the other ingredients such as the water, brown sugar, pineapple juice and vinegar.
4. Heat oil in a wok and fry the chicken. Allow one minute for each side of the chicken before flipping it.
5. Remove the chicken from the pan, with the middle portion still a bit pinkish.
6. On medium high heat, fry the bell peppers and the ginger for about a minute. Put the pineapple chunks and the pineapple juice mixture.
7. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
8. Add in the chicken and cook thoroughly in medium heat.
9. The recipe makes 4 servings.
Chicken Kabobs Recipe
Prepare Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
This delightful recipe is perfect as appetizers or snacks. The good thing about chicken kabobs is that they are very easy to make. You only need to use the right combination of ingredients to make a fabulous marinade for the chicken. If you wish to change the flavor a bit, you could do so by adding a variety of seasonings Hawaiian kabobs consist of pineapple chunks and kiwi, aside from the chicken pieces in the skewers.
Kabobs are truly tasty, as long as you marinate the chicken well. Moreover, the nutritive value of this dish is high; because of the vegetables and fruits in the kabobs, you can benefit from the vitamins and minerals they contain.
Hence, for a dish that is easy to prepare, try making kabobs. You can delight on this recipe during family outings, snack time or as appetizers on parties. This is a much better alternative to the usual finger foods or sandwiches.
• 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
• 1/4 teaspoon of ginger
• 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
• 2 tablespoons of sherry
• 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
• 8 pieces of cubed chicken breast fillet, skinned
• 1 cup of canned pineapple chunks
• Sliced kiwi fruit
1. Mix all the ingredients except for the chicken, pineapple and kiwi. These ingredients make up the marinade.
2. Place the chicken in the marinade. Coat each side well and keep it in a tightly closed container.
3. Marinate the chicken for 2 or more hours. This will allow the meat to absorb fully the seasonings.
4. When you are ready to cook the meat, preheat the grill to medium-high setting.
5. Lightly spray the grate with cooking oil.
6. Thread the chicken, kiwi and pineapple chunks in the skewer. Arrange each piece alternately, leaving a small space between each.
7. Grill for about 12 to 15 minutes or until the meat is already tender.
8. Arrange the grilled kabobs in a platter. Serve with ice cold fruit juice.
9. This superb recipe makes 8 servings.
There you have it, a few of the best chicken recipes for dinner that you will enjoy making for your family and friends. Each recipe offers several health benefits that make them ideal to eat no matter what time of the day. The great recipes featured in this article are definitely something worth trying because they are easy to make, delicious and very nutritious. So what are you waiting for? Start making these chicken recipes for dinner, lunch or any time of the day.
Other Chicken Recipes