Chicken tortilla soup is truly a delight for those who are looking for a filling and yummy dish.
The fabulous aroma and exciting taste of tortilla soup makes the dish a popular one among kids and adults alike. Everyone would love the flavorful goodness of the soup that seems to linger on your taste buds. Moreover, the soup contains essential vitamins and minerals that you need for your daily supply of energy. You will never believe how something that tastes so good can ever be so healthy.
Hence, check out this tortilla soup recipe that you can cook for only a matter of minutes. Before serving the main course, make this soup the appetizer of the day. Read along to find out how to make an easy chicken tortilla soup recipe.
Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
Prepare Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
If you have a passion for Mexican food (See: Easy Mexican Recipes), you should definitely try making this chicken tortilla soup. The inviting aroma, superb taste and healthy ingredients of this dish make this dish ideal as an appetizer.
• 1 medium size onion, chopped
• 3 cloves of garlic, minced
• 1 tablespoon of olive oil
• 2 teaspoons of chili powder
• 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
• 1 can of crushed tomatoes (28-oz can)
• 1 can of chicken broth (10.5-oz can)
• 1 1/4 cups of water
• 3 pieces of chicken breast fillet, halved and chopped into small sizes
• 1 cup of whole corn kernels
• 1 can of chili peppers (4-oz can), chopped
• 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro
• 1 can of black beans (15-oz can), drained and rinsed
• 1 cup of crushed tortilla chips
• 1 cup of chopped avocado
• Shredded cheddar cheese
1. Heat the oil in a medium pot, then sauté garlic and onion until aromatic. Add in the chili powder, oregano, tomatoes, chicken broth and water. Bring the mixture to a boil. Simmer for about 10 minutes to mix and cook thoroughly the ingredients.
2. Add in the corn kernels, beans, cilantro and the chicken.
3. Simmer once again for 10 minutes.
4. Place the soup into serving bowls.
5. Garnish the soup with crushed tortilla chips, avocado and the cheese.
6. You may add a few pieces of chopped green onion, if you wish.
7. This fabulous appetizer makes 7 to 8 servings.
Chicken tortilla soup is indeed a great recipe. If you are looking for an exciting appetizer that your family would love, you should definitely try this one. Aside from the superb aroma and taste of the soup, you will also benefit from the nutritive value of this dish. It is rich in protein and several minerals, hence, making it the perfect starter. This recipe can also be interchangeable with bean soup recipe to have different taste.
Try these chicken tortilla soup recipes and have a healthy and delightful meal. With the ease in preparing and cooking this recipe, you will surely love cooking the dish as frequently as you wish. Just follow the simple procedure here and you will surely enjoy making the dish.
Other Chicken Recipes