Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe can be made by baking enthusiasts who are just starting to learn the science of baking.
Cookies are the easiest baked products that you can make. If no oven is available, try making small batches using an oven toaster. But of course, using a conventional oven is still recommended.
Rolled or pressed cookies must be chilled for easier handling. Drop cookies are fairly simple to make. You just have to drop them directly on baking sheets. Molded cookies on the other hand, are shaped using your hands. Work as quickly as possible when handling cookie dough because the butter will tend to melt if handled too long before baking.
Chloe’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Prepare Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Here is a chocolate cookie recipe that has been the favorite cookie of my daughter Chloe. It was made during her first birthday and since then, it was always raved about in the family. It was a drop cookie, which means no cookie cutters required.
1 cup of all-purpose flour
1/2 cup of Dutch-processed cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup brown sugar
2 medium-sized eggs
1/2 cup of unsalted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Some extra semi-sweet chocolate chips for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 375 degree Fahrenheit. Grease and line 2 cookie sheets.
2 In a large bowl, cream the butter by using a hand held or stand mixer. Add in the sugar and beat until pale and fluffy.
3 Beat in the eggs, one egg at a time. Stir in the vanilla extract and continue mixing until well combined.
4. In another bowl, sift the flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder. Fold in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Mix until just combined, do not over mix.
5. Get a tablespoon of the cookie dough and drop on the prepared cookie sheets. Garnish with chocolate chips on top of each cookie. Allow some space for rising, about 1 inch space per cookie.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool on wire racks.
Fun Shapes Chocolate Cookie Recipe
Prepare Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
This chocolate cookie recipe is done using cookie cutters with various shapes and sizes. Be very creative when making these pressed cookies.
2 cups of all-purpose flour (sifted)
1 cup of cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup of unsalted butter or shortening
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 and ¼ cup of granulated sugar
1 cup chopped cashew nuts
Chocolate Ganache Topping:
1 cup melted chopped chocolates
1/2 cup cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit and line two cookie sheets.
2. In a bowl, cream the butter or shortening by beating on medium high. Add the sugar gradually; beat well after the addition of sugar.
3. Add in the vanilla extract and the egg. Continue beating until well blended.
4. Put the dry ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and beat on low speed until thoroughly mixed.
5. Stir in the cashew nuts and chill for about 30 to 45 minutes.
6. After 45 minutes, transfer the cookie dough on a wax paper. Place another wax paper on top of the cookie dough and roll out the dough by using a rolling pin.
7. Flatten the dough into ¼ inch thick and cut out desired shapes and sizes.
8. Transfer the pressed cookies on the prepared cookie sheets and bake for 30-40 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
9. Let cool on wire racks and dip into the chocolate ganache. Drain excess chocolate on wax paper.
Thumbprint Chocolate Cookie Recipe
Prepare Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
This chocolate cookie recipe will teach you on how to prepare thumbprint cookies. They are called thumbprint cookies because you would literally put a thumbprint before baking. The semi-hollow center can be filled with caramel or chocolate.
1 cup of sifted all-purpose flour
1/4 cup of cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup of softened unsalted butter
3/4 cups of granulated sugar
1 large egg, separated
5 tablespoons milk
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1 cup of chopped pecans or walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, beat the sugar and butter together until light and pale. Add in the vanilla extract and the egg yolk. Continue beating well incorporated. Stir in the milk.
3. Carefully add in the flour, cocoa and salt to the wet ingredients and blend well.
4. Refrigerate for one hour. Mold the cookie dough into 1-inch balls and lightly dip into beaten egg whites and roll into chopped nuts.
5. Put the rolled cookie dough onto prepared cookie sheets and lightly press the center with your thumb. You can also use the tip of the handle of a wooden spoon.
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Let cool on wire racks. You can put chocolate or caramel sauce on the hollow space in the center of the cookies.
There you have the three recipes for chocolate chip cookies. Choose one or make them all during your free time and hone your baking skills. You can even have chocolate theme party by serving Chocolate Mousse recipe and also Chocolate cake recipe.
Many bakers claim that you will never go wrong with chocolate cookie recipe if you would follow the directions carefully.