Crab salad recipes are easy, healthy and nutritious.
Crab meat is rich in proteins and essential fats. Like Chicken Salad recipe, Crab salad recipes can be served with baked chops, roasted lamb or alone for an afternoon snack. Always use hand processed crab meat for best results.
Crab and Pasta Salad Recipe
Prepare Time: 40 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
This quick and yummy crab salad recipe uses lemon juice and Old Bay seasoning to create a delightful mix. Use whole grain pasta and yogurt in place of mayonnaise for a healthier salad.
• 400 g fresh cooked crab meat
• 2 cups shell pasta
• 2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 2-3 sticks of celery
• 1 medium sized onion
• 1 medium sized carrot
• 1/2 cup frozen peas
• 4-5 tablespoon mayonnaise
• 1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro
• 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
• 1 teaspoon olive oil
1. Bring salted water to a boil and add pasta. When cooked, drain and rinse in cold water.
2. Immediately, toss your pasta with olive oil to keep it from sticking.
3. Thaw the peas and boil in water for 10 minutes or until cooked.
4. Dice the onions. Slice the celery sticks and carrots.
5. Shred crab meat into bite sized pieces.
6. Toss together all the ingredients. Add mayonnaise, Old Bay seasoning, salt and pepper. Mix well.
7. Cool in a refrigerator and serve garnished with chopped cilantro.
Japanese Crab and Cucumber Salad Recipe
Prepare Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 5 Minutes
Japanese cuisine is known for its healthy recipes. Crab and cucumber salad is a very refreshing salad recipe and is ideal to accompany a summer lunch.
• 4 cucumbers
• 300 g canned crab meat
• 1/2 teaspoon light soya sauce
• 1/2 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
• 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
• 1/4 teaspoon sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Do not peel the cucumbers. Slice them thinly and place in a bowl.
2. Add crab meat.
3. Mix rice wine vinegar, light soya sauce, sesame oil, salt and sugar to make a salad dressing.
4. Add this dressing to your salad and toss well.
5. Serve cold.
Roasted Baby Red Potato & Crab Salad Recipe
Prepare Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour 15 Minutes
Roasted baby red potatoes are everybody’s favorite. This crab salad recipe uses bacon, white crab meat and roasted baby red potatoes and is great for serving with lunch or dinner.
• 700 g baby red potatoes
• 6 strips of bacon
• 400 g cooked crab meat
• 2 tablespoon olive oil
• 1/2 cup cooked peas
• 3 tablespoon mayonnaise
• 1/2 cup chopped green onions
• 1 1/2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 1/4 teaspoon Old Bay seasonings
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon paprika
1. Preheat an oven to 400 F. wash the potatoes but leave the peels on. Brush the potatoes with olive oil and place in a baking dish. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour. When cooked, take the potatoes out of the oven and let them cool before using in the salad.
2. Heat a teaspoon of oil in a frying pan and fry bacon strips until crisp. Cut bacon into small pieces.
3. Cut potatoes in quarters and place in a bowl. Add bacon, chopped green onions, peas and crab meat.
4. Make a salad dressing using a teaspoon of olive oil, lemon juice, old bay seasonings, paprika and salt. Pour this over the salad and toss well.
5. Now add mayonnaise and mix the salad.
6. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
California Crab Salad Recipe
Prepare Time: 25 Minutes
Cook Time: 5 Minutes
This spicy crab salad recipe is an amazing mix of crab meat, avocado, black olives and onions bathed in a wonderful salad dressing made with apple cider vinegar and Worcestershire sauce. This salad is ideal for parties and family celebrations.
• 500 g cooked crab meat
• 1 medium sized avocado
• 1 medium sized red onion
• 1 cup black olives
• 1/2 cup chopped celery
• Freshly squeezed juice of 2 lemons
• 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
• 1 teaspoon dried dill
• 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
• 6 tablespoon mayonnaise
• 1/2 teaspoon soya sauce
• 1/2 teaspoon paprika
1. Shred crab meat into bite sized pieces and place in bowl. Add lemon juice and mix well.
2. Dice the onions and the avocado. Halve the olives. Add them to the bowl containing the crab meat. Also add chopped celery.
3. Mix apple cider vinegar, soya sauce, Worcestershire sauce, dried dill, paprika, salt and pepper.
4. Now add this dressing to the bowl and stir until thoroughly mixed.
5. Now add the mayonnaise and stir again.
6. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours and take out just before serving.
A fresh and crunchy salad is a great way to brighten up any meal. Try out all these Crab Salad Recipe and enjoy the great taste of crab meat in simple yet amazing salad recipes.