Are you looking for Cupcake Recipes for Halloween?
This Halloween, treat your sweet-tooth with these cute and creepy cupcake recipes. These beautifully decorated cupcakes are easy to make and fun to decorate. Let your imagination run wild and play with icings and sprinkles. Use these cupcake recipes to make cupcakes for a Halloween themed party or just have a fun evening decorating these cupcakes with your kids.
Halloween Special Pumpkin Cupcake Recipe
Prepare Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
Halloween is incomplete without pumpkins. This recipe tells you how to make pumpkin cupcakes and then decorate them with adorably scary pumpkin faces. Almost like pumpkin pie recipe, this recipe makes about 2 dozen cupcakes. You will need:
1. For Cupcakes:
• 2 cups self-rising flour
• 1 1/2 cup castor sugar
• 3 eggs, whites and yolk separated
• 1 1/2 cup butter
• 2 tablespoon milk
• A pinch of cinnamon powder
• Pinch of nutmeg
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
• 200 g pumpkin
• 2 drops orange food colour
• Mixed chopped nuts
2. For Decorating
• Whipped cream
• Icing sugar
• Orange food colour
• Black food colour
1. Thinly slice the pumpkin and boil for 20-30 minutes until soft. Drain the water and mash pumpkin to make a purée. Put aside to cool.
2. Soften the butter. Separate the egg whites from the yolks. Beat the egg whites until frothy.
3. In a bowl, mix together baking soda, castor sugar, egg yolks and softened butter. Stir until smooth. Add milk and then add the cooked pumpkin paste. Stir a few more times.
4. Now add nutmeg, minced ginger and cinnamon powder.
5. Gently fold the egg whites into the butter, sugar and pumpkin mixture. Add a few drops of orange food colour. Now add the flour and blend until smooth.
6. Preheat the oven to 400 F.
7. Spoon this mixture into a greased cupcake baking tray. Fill only 2/3rd of the mould.
8. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked. Take out and let cool. Then take the cakes out of the mould.
9. For decoration:
• Mix together icing sugar, butter and fresh beaten cream. Add a spoonful of milk if icing is too thick.
• Take out a few spoons of icing mixture in another bowl and add black food colour. Add orange food colour to the remaining icing mixture.
• Evenly spread this orange icing on your cupcakes. Now take a tooth pick and make the ridges to resemble a pumpkin.
• Using the black icing, give the pumpkin eyes and expressions.
10. Cool the iced cupcakes until the icing sets. Your Halloween Special Cupcake recipe is ready.
Bleeding Eyeball Vanila Cupcake Recipe
Prepare Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 2 Hour
These cupcakes sound just freaky, don’t they? Bleeding Vanila Cupcake Recipe uses a core of strawberry sauce so when you bite into them, the strawberry sauce comes oozing out. Surprise your friends with the hidden strawberry blood. Bleeding Eyeball cupcake recipe is one of my favourites. This recipe makes about 20 cupcakes.
• 2 cups all purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar.
• 2 eggs
• Vanilla essence
• 1 1/2 cup softened butter
For Blood Filling:
• 1 cup strawberries
• Red food colouring
• 2 tablespoon castor sugar
For Icing and Decoration:
• 2 tablespoon butter
• 1/2 cup fresh beaten cream
• 1/2 cup icing sugar
• Red food colour
• Chocolate buttons
• Green gummy candy
1. Melt the butter. Separate the egg whites and the yolks.
2. In a bowl, stir together castor sugar, molten butter, and egg yolks and add a few drops of vanilla essence.
3. Sift together all purpose flour, baking powder and baking soda.
4. Beat the egg whites with an electric beater until frothy and firm. Gently fold the egg whites into the butter and sugar mixture.
5. Now add the dry ingredients. Stir until smooth.
6. Spoon the mixture into a baking dish until the moulds are 2/3rd full. Always remember to butter the baking dish before spooning in the batter.
7. Bake the cupcakes in an oven preheated to 375 F. When cooked, take out and let cool. Then take out of the moulds and set aside.
8. When cold, use a small spoon to scoop out the middle of the cupcake.
9. To make strawberry blood:
• Purée the strawberries and then add icing sugar.
• For the intense colour, add a few drops of red food colour to the strawberries.
• Spoon this blood mixture into the core of the cupcake.
• Refrigerate the cupcakes for an hour before icing. This helps the strawberry blood sauce to set.
10. Now cover the cupcakes with icing. To make icing:
• Mix together icing sugar, butter and cream. Beat until smooth. The mixture should not be too runny.
• Coat the cupcakes with this icing. Make sure to cover the cupcakes properly.
• Now place a gummy green candy in the centre of the cupcake.
• Place a chocolate button on top of the gummy green candy to make an eye.
• Add red food colour to the icing mixture left after icing the cupcakes. Use this to draw red lines radiating out from the eye towards the edges of the cupcake.
Serve and surprise your friends with the blood oozing out.
Get into the Halloween spirit and try our both of these recipes. These yummy and creepy cupcake recipes are sure to delight you and turn into your favourites. Happy trick and treating!
Other Cake Recipes