Chicken pot pie is one of the baked chicken recipes that comes with a delightful aroma and a delectable taste that you will surely not have enough of.
When baked with perfection, you can enjoy sinking your teeth in a delicious pie that appeals to your taste buds. The tender chicken recipe, crusty pie and a playful mix of ingredients make this dish a perfect snack or meal for supper. You can enjoy a wonderful teatime relishing this pie, and drinking a cup of tea or your favorite beverage. This yummy pie can also be a nutritious dessert for a complete and satisfying mealtime.
Read along to learn more about this chicken pot pie recipe. This easy chicken pot pie dish is simple to make, which only requires a few minutes to make.
Easy Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
Prepare Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 50 Minutes
Here is a tasty meal that is not only filling but truly nutritious, as well; you will enjoy the appealing taste and wonderful aroma of chicken pot pie that you can make with so much ease. This is one of the simple chicken recipes.
• 1 cup of sliced carrots
• 1/3 cup of onion, chopped
• 1/2 cup of celery, sliced
• 1 cup of green peas
• 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour
• 1/3 cup of butter
• 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper, ground
• 1/2 teaspoon of salt
• 1/4 teaspoon of celery seed
• 2/3 cup of whole milk
• 1 3/4 cups of chicken broth
• 1 pound of chicken breast fillet, skinned, halved and chopped into cubes
• 2 pieces of 9-inch uncooked pie crusts
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a medium-sized pan, put in the chicken, celery, green peas and carrots. Add enough water to cover the contents.
3. Boil for 10 minutes. Afterwards, remove from the pan and drain. Set aside.
4. In the same saucepan, heat the butter and cook the stir in the onion over medium heat.
5. Once the onion is translucent and soft, stir in the salt, pepper, celery seed and flour; blend well to remove lumps.
6. Then, pour the chicken broth and the milk. Allow to simmer over medium-low heat.
7. Once the broth thickens, remove it from heat. Set aside.
8. Place the pie crust inside the baking pan. Put in the chicken mixture at the bottom portion of the crust. Pour in the hot liquid mixture on top.
9. Cover it with the top crust and seal the edges. Remove the excess dough and make some slits in the top portion. These slits will allow the steam to escape.
10. Bake the pie for 30 minutes. When the pastry is brown and the filling has become bubbly, the pie is ready.
11. Allow the chicken pot pie to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
12. This recipe makes 6 servings.
Chicken pot pie sure is a great treat for snack time or supper. You and your family will appreciate the wonderful taste and aroma of this chicken pot pie recipe. Try this easy chicken pot pie now, and experience a fabulous dish that you can make in a matter of minutes.
Other Chicken Recipes