Ezekiel bread is otherwise popular as fasting bread or Bible bread.
Traditionally, this makes use of beans as part of the ingredients. Hence, this nutritious bread is rich in protein, carbohydrates and fats. Aside from the nutrients that you can get from this recipe, you will also love the great taste it comes with. You and your family would love munching on this superb bread for teatime or dessert. Ezekiel bread goes perfectly with your favorite warm beverage, which is ideal for breakfast. If you want a delightful snack, grab a bite of this fabulous tasty bread and bask in its goodness.
Here is a great recipe for Ezekiel bread. Try it and you will definitely enjoy its great taste and aroma.
Easy Ezekiel Bread Recipe
Prepare Time: 45 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hours 45 Minutes
Enjoy the satisfying bread that provides you with good nutrition; Ezekiel bread makes a highly nutritious treat for teatime or a filling food item for breakfast.
• 2 packages of active dry yeast
• 5 tablespoons of olive oil
• 1 cup of lentils
• 5 cups of warm water
• 1 tablespoon of honey
• 4 cups of barley flour
• 1 tablespoon of salt
• 8 cups of whole wheat flour
• 1/2 cup of millet flour
• 2 cups of soy flour
• 1/4 cup of rye flour
1. Put enough water in a pot and cook the lentils until they are soft.
2. Drain the water and allow the lentils to cool for a few minutes. Set aside.
3. Dissolve the yeast in a bowl with 1/2 cup of warm water.
4. Allow the yeast to cream and let stand for about 10 minutes.
5. Mash the cooled lentils in a bowl. Combine with the honey, salt, olive oil and 4 1/2 cups of warm water.
6. Mix the flours in a separate bowl.
7. Stir the lentils mixture with the yeast mixture.
8. Combine 2 cups of the flour mixture, and add a cup at a time. Stir continuously each time you add flour mixture.
9. Once the dough has pulled together, place it on a flat surface floured lightly. Knead the dough well until it turns smooth.
10. Coat a mixing bowl with oil and put the dough inside it. Turn it several times to cover it with oil.
11. Cover the bowl with a damp cheese cloth and allow the dough to double in volume for about an hour.
12. Afterwards, deflate the dough and place it on a flat and floured surface. Knead it and divide it into four pieces.
13. Form the dough pieces into loaves. Get four lightly greased loaf pans and place the dough inside each pan.
14. Cover the pans with a damp cloth to allow the dough to double in volume.
15. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake the dough for a minimum of one hour.
Ezekiel bread is highly nutritious and great tasting. This food item is ideal for breakfast, teatime or dessert. Try making this recipe now and enjoy the amazing taste and healthful goodness that Ezekiel bread offers.
Other Bread Recipes