Ground Beef Recipes are faster to make than whole beef recipes, although it renders the same flavor.
Ground beef should be throughly cooked to avoid getting salmonella and other food borne bacteria. Choose lean ground beef than the regular ground beef. This is because the regular ground beef has more fats than the lean ground beef. Do not wash or rinse your ground beef. This will only wash all the flavors away.
Tacos – One of the Most Popular Ground Beef Recipes
Prepare Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour
Tacos is an authentic Mexican recipe that is usually served in a party as finger foods. Some would prefer using soft taco shell (like pita bread), while others would like to use the crunchy tacos shells that is made from corn or flour. Nevertheless, both of these best accompany ground beef recipes such as tacos.
For the ingredients, you will need these Ingredients:
(This is good for 10 servings)
500 grams lean ground beef
1 piece large onion, minced
3 cloves of minced garlic
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce ( I use Lea and Perrin’s)
1 tablespoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon chili powder (or less if you want it to be less spicy)
1 cup tomato sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
3 tablespoon canola oil
10 taco shells
1 large head cabbage or ice berg lettuce, (washed thoroughly)
1 cup minced onion
5 large tomatoes, deseeded and diced
Cheese (cheddar or parmesan)
1. In a large skillet pan, heat the oil and sauté garlic and onions. Add the ground beef and cook the ground beef for 10 minutes.
2. Add the cumin, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, tomato sauce, salt and pepper.
3. Cook for another 10 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent the mixture from sticking to the pan.
4. Adjust the seasoning. Add more chili powder if desired.
To assemble the tacos, put a small amount of beef on the taco shell. Then add the shredded cabbage or lettuce, onions, and tomatoes. Lastly, sprinkle with your favorite cheese. You can be a little creative and playful with your tacos by adding avocadoes, mayonnaise and sliced cucumbers.
Recipes for ground beef can imitate steak recipes. Just like the famous Salisbury steak. Here is a recipe for Salisbury steak that will surely be an instant hit to your family and friends.
Salisbury Steak – Savoring More Recipes for Ground Beef
Prepare Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour 15 Minutes
Salisbury steaks are easier and faster to prepare versus the conventional steaks. They both have awesome flavors.
For this recipe, you will need to prepare these Ingredients:
For the Salisbury steak:
600 grams ground beef
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup of fine breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons onion powder
1 teaspoon paprika
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
3 teaspoons salt
1/2 tablespoon pepper
1 large egg
5 tablespoons fresh milk
3-4 tablespoons corn or canola oil
For the sauce:
200 grams minced onion
1 pack (250 grams) cream of mushroom soup (dissolved in 150 ml of water)
250 grams sliced button mushrooms
Parsley for garnishing
1. In a mixing bowl, place all the ingredients for the Salisbury steak.
2. Mix carefully with clean hands or with a wooden spoon. Make sure that all ingredients all well-incorporated to each other.
3. Form the beef mixture into balls of equal sizes. Flatten each ball gently and then set them aside in the chiller for an hour or until firm.
4. After an hour, heat a large non-stick pan. Pour the oil over the hot pan. Sear the beef patties for 1 minute to achieve a brown crust.
5. Reduce the heat and continue cooking for 10 minutes on each side. It is essential to cook the beef completely to avoid food borne bacteria.
6. Set aside the Salisbury steaks. On the same pan, sauté the onions until translucent.
7. Add in the button mushrooms and continue cooking for 3 minutes.
8. Lastly, stir in the dissolved cream of mushroom to deglaze the pan.
9. Continue mixing with a wire whip or wooden spoon or until sauce thickens.
10. Serve the Salisbury steak with the mushroom sauce and garnish with a sprig of parsley.
11. Best eaten with mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables.
There are other ways on cooking the Salisbury steaks. You can find them on ground beef recipes cookbook, where the Salisbury steaks are baked and sometimes grilled. These are healthier methods versus the recipe above.
Shepherd’s Pie – Ground Beef
Prepare Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
Shepherd’s pie is an awesome dish that involves using different kind of vegetable, and mash potatoes for its crust. The mash potato topping can be piped beautifully by using a pastry bag and a star tip pastry tip.
200 grams ground beef
1 onion, minced
1 clove garlic minced
1 cup boiled green peas
1/2 cup red bell pepper
1 cup sliced button mushrooms
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning mix (or a mixture of oregano, basil, thyme and rosemary)
1/2 cup carrots, diced
1 stick celery, ribbed and sliced thinly
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
Salt and pepper to taste
250 grams potato, boiled and mashed
1. Pre heat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet melt the butter and sauté garlic, onions and ground beef.
3. After 5 minutes of cooking, add in the all the ingredients except for the mash potato.
4. Cook while stirring continually for 15 minutes. Adjust the taste by adding salt and pepper.
5. Transfer the beef mixture into an oven-proof glass baking dish.
6. Spread the mashed potato on the top of the beef mixture.
7. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until top crust turns golden brown.
Try all of these at home. These are three kitchen-tested ground beef recipes that will make your guests ask for more.
Other Beef and Meatloaf Recipes