Healthy chicken recipes are just what you need to add life to the dinner table, while gaining benefits from the nutritive value of each dish.
Who says health food can never be delicious? These easy chicken recipes are surely ideal to provide energy for you and your family each day. With the protein-rich content of chicken and the great mix of vegetables, these dishes are completely healthy for everyone.
From appetizers to main course, the recipes presented here can certainly qualify as the best dishes that you could ever taste. Some great recipes that you can try are grilled honey mustard, spicy grilled chicken and teriyaki chicken. These recipes are very easy to make, hence, you will enjoy making these healthy chicken recipes in a snap.
Healthy Chicken Recipes – Grilled Honey Mustard
Prepare Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Anything grilled is definitely healthy and low in fat; you no longer need to add extra oil, and the cooking method itself allows meat fat to drip. Check out the simple ways to make grilled honey mustard chicken.
• 1/4 cup raw honey
• 1/3 cup of Dijon mustard
• 1 teaspoon steak sauce
• 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
• 4 pieces of chicken breast fillet, halved and skinned
• Cooking oil spray
1. Prepare the marinade in a shallow dish. Mix well the mustard, honey, mayonnaise and steak sauce. Reserve a small amount and place it in a tightly closed container. You will use it to brush it on the chicken while cooking.
2. Dip in the chicken to the honey and mustard mixture. Marinate for at least 2 hours.
3. Before you start cooking, preheat the grill to medium heat.
4. Spray some cooking oil on the grate to prevent the meat from sticking.
5. Grill the chicken for 15 to 20 minutes. Baste it occasionally with the honey and mustard mixture.
6. When the chicken is ready, arrange it in a platter and serve with steamed rice and your choice of raw vegetables.
7. This delicious main course makes 4 to 5 servings.
Spicy Grilled Healthy Chicken Recipes
Prepare Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Anyone will find this savory dish perfect for lunch or dinner, as you may serve it with rice or pasta. Try this spicy grilled lemon chicken recipe that will surely satisfy even the most discriminating taste buds.
• 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
• 2 tablespoons of lime or lemon juice
• 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
• 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
• 1 teaspoon of fresh oregano leaves
• 1/4 teaspoon red pepper, flaked
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 6 pieces chicken breast fillet, skinned and halved
1. Mix all the ingredients, except for the chicken breast. Use a shallow glass dish to blend the ingredients thoroughly.
2. Drop in the chicken. Coat each side completely by turning it into the mixture.
3. Marinate for 1 hour by refrigerating the coated chicken.
4. Preheat the griller; set it to medium-high heat.
5. Brush vegetable oil on the grill grate.
6. Drain the marinade.
7. Grill the chicken for 6 to 8 minutes, occasionally turning it on all sides.
8. You will know if the chicken is no longer raw when the juice has cleared out.
9. Everyone will enjoy such healthy chicken recipes that yield 6 servings.
Teriyaki Healthy Chicken Recipes
Prepare Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Teriyaki is a Japanese dish that features a sweet and gingery taste; hence, this main courseis perfect for those who are looking for a tasty meal.
• 2 tablespoons of sake
• 4 tablespoons of soy sauce
• 4 tablespoons of mirin
• 3/4 pound of chicken breast fillet
• 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon of grate ginger
1. Pound the chicken with a meat tenderizer.
2. In a dish, mix the ingredients for the marinade. Blend all the ingredients except for the chicken.
3. Dip in the chicken and coat it well with the marinade.
4. Marinate for at least 2 hours. Refrigerate to keep it fresh.
5. Heat some oil in a pan. Fry the marinated chicken using medium heat.
6. When one side is already brown in color, turn the chicken to the other side. Turn the heat to low setting.
7. Pour in the pan the marinade used on the chicken. Remove the lid and simmer for 5 minutes.
8. Arrange the chicken on a plate and put the marinade or sauce on top of the chicken.
9. Garnish with grated ginger.
10. This recipe makes 4 to 5 servings.
Any dish becomes a delight, as long as it has the right combination of truly appetizing ingredients. The recipes featured here are sure to put a smile on your face because of their superb goodness. You will love the exciting taste of grilled chicken or pan fried chicken recipe. The fabulous marinade and sauce of these dishes add an interesting taste to the dishes. Try these healthy chicken recipes now and make every mealtime grand.
Other Chicken Recipes