Ever wondered how to make meatloaf conveniently and efficiently? You can have an easy time making this classic dish that goes well with mashed potatoes, steamed rice or sautéed vegetables. Moreover, you can vary the taste of the dish by adding spices and other ingredients for that delightful concoction.
The secret to a tasty meatloaf is the ingredients you use. Ideally, the best type of meat to use is lean ground beef. Any meat that contains a generous amount of fat will make the dish greasy. Aside from meat, the dish includes several vegetables such as celery, garlic and onion. Brown these ingredients well before combining to the meatloaf mixture. Make sure that you use the right amount of seasonings such as salt and pepper to give the dish a perfect taste.
Most meatloaf uses ordinary breadcrumbs for the recipe. However, you can modify that a little if you want something healthier for the body. You can use whole wheat crumbs instead of the ordinary crumbs. This healthy option creates an
additional source of fiber on your diet.
Read along and enjoy this fast and easy recipe that the whole family will definitely love.
How to Make Meatloaf
Prepare Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour
Enjoy the rich taste, fabulous aroma and nutritious goodness of this moist meatloaf perfect for lunch or dinner.
• 2 pounds of ground beef, lean
• 2 stalks of celery, diced
• 1 cup of crumbs, whole wheat
• 2 eggs, beaten lightly
• 1/2 yellow onion, diced
• 1 tablespoon of garlic, minced
• 1 teaspoon of salt
• 1 teaspoon of black pepper
• 1/4 cup of Worcestershire sauce
• 1/3 cup of whole milk
• 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
• 1/2 cup of brown sugar
• 2 tablespoons of worcestershire sauce
• 3/4 cup of ketchup
• 1 tablespoon of white vinegar
1. Prepare the ingredients for the glaze. Blend thoroughly and set aside.
2. Place the oven rack to the lower middle slot. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. In a saucepan, sauté the celery, onion and garlic, as this procedure will release the sweet taste of the onion.
4. Once the vegetables have turned golden brown, you may already turn off the heat.
5. Use a small bowl to combine the liquid ingredients such as the milk, eggs and the Worcestershire sauce.
6. Then, drop in half a cup of the glaze to the liquid mixture.
7. Blend the mixture well using your hands. Make sure that you do not overdo the mixing of the ingredients so that the loaf would not have a compact texture.
8. Form the mixture into a loaf shape.
9. Place the loaf inside a baking pan and bake for an hour at 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
10. Remove the dish from the oven and allow a few minutes to let it cool.
11. Slice the loaf into an inch thick and arrange in a platter.
12.This great recipe goes well with steamed rice or mashed potatoes.
Ever wondered how to make meatloaf? If you are looking for a fast and easy recipe for meatloaf, you should definitely check out these recipes. You can vary the flavor by modifying the ingredients your use. Moreover, just have fun in making these recipes; you will definitely love the taste and health benefits of the delicious dish.
Other Beef and Meatloaf Recipes