Enjoy a hearty meal with these Italian pasta recipes.
Be it spaghetti, lasagna, fettuccini, penne or rigatoni pasta, Italians know how to cook it best. Pasta is one food item that everyone loves. Italian pasta recipes are made with cheese rich sauces, tomatoes and delicious meat. Always boil pasta in salted water and wash with tap water after draining it. Add some olive oil to keep it from sticking together. Whole wheat pasta is great for those who like to have a healthy diet.
Authentic Italian Carbonara Pasta Recipe
Prepare Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
We have all tried the British version of Italian carbonara with chicken, cream, onions and mushrooms, but the authentic carbonara recipe as made in Italy, contains none of these. The original recipe uses pecorino cheese, an Italian cheese made from ewe’s milk. Here is how to make this pasta recipe in the authentic Italian way.
• 400 g spaghetti pasta
• 200 g Italian bacon (pancetta)
• 2 whole eggs
• 100 g grated pecorino cheese
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
• Chopped parsley
1. Heat water in a wide mouthed pan. Add salt and bring to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook for 5 minutes or until soft. Drain and rinse with cold tap water. Put aside to drain. Avoid breaking the pasta while boiling it.
2. Heat oil in a pan and fry the pancetta until cooked. Add black pepper and salt.
3. Add pasta and stir for 2 minutes.
4. Lightly beat the eggs in a bowl and add the cheese. Pour this mixture into the pan containing pasta and bacon. Turn off the heat immediately and then stir until the eggs mix completely with pasta.
5. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve hot.
Italian Chickpea and Pasta Soup Recipe
Prepare Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
This nourishing Italian pasta recipe comes from Tuscan region of Italy. Serve this delicious soup on a rainy day with a chunk of crusty bread for a warm, comforting and filling meal. This soup is very easy and quick to put together.
• 2 cups canned chickpeas
• 500 ml chicken or vegetable stock
• 1 large tomato, chopped
• 3 tablespoon olive oil
• 1/2 cup of your favorite soup pasta
• 1 tablespoon fresh chopped rosemary
• 1 teaspoon minced garlic
• Black pepper
1. Take 1 cup of chick peas in a food processor and add ½ cup stock. Purée until smooth. Add more stock if required until a thick paste is formed.
2. Heat olive oil in a pan and add garlic. Stir fry until golden and then add freshly chopped rosemary and diced tomatoes.
3. Cover with a lid and cook for 5 minutes and then add the left over stock. Bring to a boil and then add puréed chickpeas, remaining whole chickpeas salt and pepper.
4. Add pasta and keep boiling for 8-10 minutes until pasta is cooked.
5. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve with crusty bread.
Italian Baked Rigatoni Pasta Recipe
Prepare Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour 10 Minutes
Baked rigatoni Italian Pasta recipe is mouthwatering! Baked in a rich cheese and meat sauce containing mozzarella, parmesan and ricotta cheese, this recipe is a must try for any pasta fan.
• 3 tablespoon olive oil
• 2 tablespoon minced garlic
• 1 large white onion, chopped
• 3 cups rigatoni pasta
• 1 cup tomato paste
• 1/2 teaspoon paprika
• 250 g minced lamb meat
• 1 teaspoon dried basil
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 2 tablespoon lemon juice
• 2 cups water/vegetable stock
• 1 teaspoon sugar
• 1 tablespoon salt
• 2 cups grated Ricotta cheese
• 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
• 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
• 2 whole eggs, lightly beaten
• 2 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
1. Preheat an oven to 400 F.
2. Heat olive oil in a pan and add garlic. Sauté until golden and then add minced meat. Stir fry until light pink and then add salt, pepper, paprika, lemon juice and dried basil and oregano. Now add chopped onions and stir.
3. Add vegetable stock and tomato paste. Cover with a lid and let it simmer over low heat.
4. Boil pasta in salted water. Drain and immediately add to the minced meat and tomato paste mixture. The pasta should be slightly undercooked.
5. Combine ricotta cheese, eggs, salt and chopped parsley in a bowl.
6. Lightly oil a baking. Make three layers, first with minced meat and pasta, second with ricotta cheese and third with parmesan and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layering until all the ingredients are used up. The top layer should be parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
7. Place in the oven and cook for 30-40 minutes.
8. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve immediately!
Try out these simply delicious Italian pasta recipe and treat your taste buds to the heavenly flavors. Surprise your friends and family with these culinary delights and let them indulge in the pleasure of eating home cooked exceptionally delicious Italian food. You can serve this together with Deviled Egg Recipe, and it can never go wrong.