Monkey bread may sound quite unusual because of the name; however, this recipe does not have reference to a monkey.
This superb bread recipe is a treat for anyone with a sweet tooth. Anyone will enjoy the flavorful taste and delightful aroma of the bread. You can create a brilliant concoction with the perfect blend of ingredients such as maple syrup, buttermilk, spices and so much more. Just follow the simple procedure on how to make monkey bread; in a matter of minutes, you can savor the goodness of this recipe that kids and adults will love.
Get ready to grab the satisfying and nutritious bread for breakfast or teatime. The monkey bread recipe presented here is easy to follow and takes only a few minutes to make. So go ahead and get your apron, your kitchen tools and all the ingredients that you need for this monkey bread recipe. Delight on the fabulous taste, enchanting aroma and perfect texture of this bread that you will love to eat at any time of the day.
Sweet and Tasty Monkey Bread Recipe
Prepare Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Chill out and relish the great taste of this monkey bread recipe that you can make for dessert or snack time.
• 1/2 cup of walnuts, chopped
• 1/2 cup of margarine or butter, melted
• 1 cup of brown sugar
• 2 packages of buttermilk crackers or biscuits
• 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
• 1/2 cup of maple syrup
1. Cut the crackers into small pieces of quarters.
2. In a mixing bowl, blend the cinnamon, sugar and nutmeg.
3. Dip the crackers in melted butter. Next, coat it with the sugar mixture.
4. Arrange the biscuits in a pan measuring 10 inches. Sprinkle it with some nuts.
5. Put a layer of biscuits on top, and add nuts. Pour the syrup on to top of the last layer of biscuits or crackers.
6. Bake the mixture at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for a maximum of 30 minutes.
7. When the bread turns golden brown in color, turn off the heat of the oven.
8. Cool the bread on a wire rack before serving. You may also refrigerate the bread if you want it a bit cool.
Monkey bread is perfect for those who are looking for a yummy and nutritious treat to breakfast or teatime. The bread recipe has the combination of sugar, maple syrup, nutmeg, cinnamon and buttermilk biscuits. With the delightful taste of the ingredients and the nutritious benefits of the bread, this recipe definitely makes a healthy choice for anyone. If you are craving for sweets, forget about munching on chocolates or anything fatty. Rather, you should opt for a healthy food item such as monkey bread. You can enjoy making this bread recipe because it comes with easy instructions that even amateur cooks can make. Just gather all the ingredients you need, and you are all set to make one superb monkey bread recipe.
Other Bread Recipes