Pork Loin recipes are something that you would want to cook at least once a week.
Pork Loin has high protein content and has low amount of fat. This means that pork loin is a popular choice for weight watchers and body builders. This meat cut is also a very nifty ingredient among all the other kinds of meat. It tastes great when combined with sour, sweet and savory sauces. It also goes well with some fruits and vegetables. Pork Loin or pork tenderloin can also be prepared in a variety of ways. It can be roasted, baked, fried, sautéed and grilled. Here are some exciting recipes that you might want to cook for your family.
Pork loin Hawaiian Recipes
Prepare Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
This pork loin recipe has a sweet and citrusy flavor. Cooking the pork in the oven makes this dish a healthier treat for your family. This pork toast recipe can make 6 servings.
1 pork loin roast weighing about more or less 2 pounds
For the marinade you will need:
1 and 1/4 cups of pineapple juice
1/2 cup of light soy sauce
3 tablespoons of molasses
1 teaspoon of ground ginger
1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
2 garlic cloves, crushed and minced
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a bowl, mix all the ingredients for the marinade. Reserve half a cup of the marinade and cover with cling wrap and set aside in a refrigerator.
3.Put the pork loin in a zip lock and pour the marinade. Let the pork sit on the marinade for at least overnight.
4. Discard the marinade after use.
5. Put the marinated pork loin in a roasting pan and cook inside the oven for about 1 hour.
6. Baste the pork loin with the reserve marinade every 15 minutes to prevent the pork from drying out.
7. Remove from the oven when the temperature inside the thickest portion of the pork loin reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
8. Cover with foil and let the pork loin rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
Stuffed Pork Loin Recipe
Prepare Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Here is a pork loin recipe that is stuffed with simple yet robust ingredients. The balsamic vinegar reduction sauce and the rosemary give this dish a more gourmet taste.
Pork loin about 2 pieces weighing half a kilo each
1 cup of large basil leaves
2 large red bell peppers
Strips of cheddar cheese, about 1 cup (cut into strips)
2 teaspoons of dried rosemary
Some flour for coating
2 tablespoons oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
For the balsamic vinegar reduction sauce:
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 tablespoon sugar
1. Flatten the pork loin and pound a little with the back of a knife.
2. Season with salt, pepper and rosemary. Lay the basil leaves then followed by the cheese. Set aside.
3. Meanwhile, roast the bell peppers on the stove top until the skin is burnt. Immediately cover the bell peppers with plastic and let the steam sit inside. After 5 minutes, remove the bell peppers’ skin. Remove the seeds and cut into julienne.
4. Add the bell peppers into the pork and roll gently. Secure with toothpicks or with kitchen twine.
5. Coat the stuffed pork with some flour and shake off excess.
6. Pour a little oil on a non-stick skillet and sear the pork on both sides for about 5 minutes each.
7. Lower down the heat and cook for another 15 minutes each side. Do not cover.
8. After cooking, set aside and let the pork loin rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Discard the kitchen twine or toothpick.
9. To make the sauce, boil the balsamic vinegar on a saucepan together with the sugar for 20 minutes or until the vinegar has reduced.
10. Pour the sauce over the slices of pork loin.
Pan-Fried Pork Loin Recipe with Apples and Onions
Prepare Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
This pork loin recipe is made more delicious with the tanginess of the granny smith apples and the earthy flavors of the onions.
700 grams of pork loin, sliced into 1/2 inch thick
2 medium granny smith apples, (peeled, cored and sliced)
1 large white onion
2 tablespoons of dried or fresh thyme
2 and 1/2 tablespoons of butter
1/4 cup of apple juice
Salt and pepper to taste
A tablespoon of canola oil
1. In a skillet, heat the oil and pan fry the pork loin slices. Add the thyme and cook thoroughly for about 15 minutes.
2. Remove the pork and set aside. On the same pan add butter and the onions and sauté for about 5 minutes or until translucent. Add in the sliced apples and the apple juice and cook uncovered or until the apples are soft and tender. Let the juice reduce and thicken.
3. Spoon the apple and onion mixture over the pork loin slices and serve warm.
Pork Loin Recipes can definitely suit your family’s need for a delicious and healthy meal. The versatility of pork loin is unquestionable. Even your children will crave for more when you try one pork loin recipe in this article. Grab your grocery and market list, add pork loin recipe ingredients for the things that you need to purchase.
Other Pork Recipes