Rotisserie chicken recipes are a great way to use leftover chicken and to create a completely new dish out of it.
The rich flavor of rotisserie chicken gives a delightful twist to any recipe. Whether it is a simple casserole or a sandwich, any dish using rotisserie chicken will provide a gastronomic pleasure. Moreover, it is truly healthy and low in fat because of the manner of cooking the chicken. Chicken fat simply drips away; hence, you only sink your teeth on a protein-rich meat – minus the fats and bad cholesterol.
Chicken is a good source of protein, which is ideal for the production of healthy muscles for the body. Moreover, it is low in fat if you remove the skin. Hence, this makes an ideal choice of meat for those who are aiming to lose a few pounds or to maintain their slim figure.
Read along to find out fabulous ideas on how to use leftover rotisserie chicken. These rotisserie chicken recipes make a perfect main course meal or snacks for you and your family.
Casserole Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
Prepare Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Delight on the irresistible taste of chicken casserole recipe with the use of rotisserie chicken. This dish is so easy to make, you can come up with a fabulous meal everyday!
• 2 cups of rotisserie chicken, chopped
• 2 cups of cooked white or brown rice
• 1 cup chicken broth
• 2 tomatoes
• Your choice of vegetables (carrots, cabbages, potatoes)
1. Chop the tomatoes into tiny piece.
2. Prepare the vegetables by chopping the carrots and potatoes into tiny cubes. Use ¼ cabbages and chop it finely.
3. Place all the ingredients in a 2-quart casserole.
4. Cover the pot and bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Cook until the vegetables are tender, which is at about 40 minutes.
6. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
7. This superb dish is perfect as a main course, which makes 4 to 5 servings.
Burritos Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
Prepare Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Bring home some Mexican dish, which is perfect for snacks. Kids and adults will both delight in the interesting taste of rotisserie chicken burritos. This is best when serving together with chicken tortilla soup.
• 4 pieces low fat flour tortillas
• 4 cups of shredded rotisserie chicken
• 1/2 cup of refried beans
• 1/2 cup of chopped white onions
• 1/2 cup of chopped green and red bell peppers
• 1/2 teaspoon of chopped garlic
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Sour cream
1. In a medium saucepan, heat the refried beans for about 5 minutes.
2. Next, heat the tortilla wraps using a griddle. Heat each side for about a minute.
3. On a flat surface, place the tortillas to start putting in the fillings.
4. Scoop two teaspoons of refried beans and place these inside the tortilla.
5. Place about a cup of rotisserie chicken across the center of the tortilla, and spread it up to the side.
6. Add in the onions, bell peppers and garlic.
7. You may add your choice of dressing such as sour cream, salsa or guacamole. Spread the dressing inside the tortilla for an exciting taste.
8. Fold each side of the tortilla. Roll the tortilla until the fillings are completely enclosed.
9. This great snack makes 4 servings.
Rotisserie Chicken Recipes for Wraps
Prepare Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Give your kids a truly healthy snack for school or at home. Chicken sandwich sure tastes great with the right combination of meat, vegetables and a tangy dressing.
• 2 cups of chopped rotisserie chicken
• 4 cheese slices
• Chopped celery
• 4 slices of salad tomatoes
• 4 slices of cucumber
• 4 pieces whole wheat flour wraps
1. Place the flour wraps on a flat surface for more ease in putting in the filling.
2. Put in about 2 tablespoons of chopped rotisserie chicken inside the wrap.
3. Add in a slice of cheese, chopped celery, tomatoes and cucumber.
4. For a delightful flavor and aroma, spread mayonnaise inside the wrap.
5. Place the wraps in a griddle and heat for about 2 minutes on each side.
6. Serve the chicken wraps with a glass of lemonade, for a truly refreshing and satisfying snack.
7. This healthy and scrumptious recipe makes 4 servings.
Make every mealtime something to look forward to by serving these rotisserie chicken recipes. Whether it is an ordinary family meal, a picnic or a luncheon with family and friends, these recipes are ideal to prepare. You will not have a difficult making these dishes; these rotisserie chicken recipes only take a few minutes before you get to enjoy a truly healthy and scrumptious meal each day.
Other Chicken Recipes