Sweet and sour chicken is a nutritious dish, as it provides essential nutrients such as protein from chicken.
This recipe also uses pineapple chunks and pineapple juice, which gives the recipe a sour taste. Aside from adding the delightful flavor to the dish, these ingredients are rich in essential vitamins and minerals. Pineapple also contains antioxidants that help fight infections and free radicals; your skin remains glowing and youthful-looking.
It is very easy to make this delicious chicken dish. Simply make the chicken tender enough and mix the ingredients as presented in the procedure. This recipe takes less than an hour to make; thus, you can enjoy a yummy meal in only a matter of minutes. Check out the easy way on how to make this scrumptious and nutritious sweet and sour chicken recipes.
Sweet and Sour Chicken Recipe
Prepare Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Here is a fabulous recipe that comes with an oriental twist. Sweet and sour chicken makes a great dish for lunch or dinner; serve it with rice for a completely hunger-fighting meal. It is one of the best oriental chicken breast recipes.
• 1 pound of chicken breast fillet, skinned and cut into 1-inch chunks
• 1 large egg white
• 1/4 teaspoon of salt
• 2 teaspoons of cornstarch
• 1 cup of pineapple chunks
• 1/4 cup of pineapple juice
• 1/4 cup of white vinegar
• 1/4 cup of ketchup
• 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
• 1 1/2 tablespoons of cooking oil
• 1 medium-sized red bell pepper and yellow bell pepper, cut into chunks
• 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
1. Use a bowl to mix the cornstarch, salt and egg white.
2. Stir the mixture evenly and coat the chicken with it.
3. Let stand for 15 minutes or up to an hour.
4. While marinating the chicken, combine the pineapple juice, water, brown sugar and vinegar. Mix thoroughly.
5. Heat a large wok and put in the cooking oil.
6. Fry the chicken for 1 minute on each side. Avoid flipping too much to cook the chicken evenly and quickly.
7. Remove the chicken, with it still a bit pinkish in the middle portion.
8. Turn the heat to medium setting. Fry the bell peppers and ginger for about a minute. Add in the pineapple chunks and the sweet and sour sauce from the pineapple juice mixture. Turn the heat to high settings and allow the recipe to simmer.
9. Put the chicken inside the pan and cook thoroughly.
10. This great recipe makes 4 servings.
Sweet and sour chicken makes a fabulous main course for lunch or for dinner. Kids and adults alike will enjoy the fabulous taste of this dish, which is a perfect blend of sweet and sour goodness from pineapple. With the health benefits and scrumptious taste of this chicken dish, you should definitely try this recipe. Simply follow the easy steps in making sweet and sour chicken, and give your family and guests something to look forward to in your mealtime.
Other Chicken Recipes